Friday, December 05, 2003

It seems as if you get jipped out of time for your days off when you work nights. Here it is 6:00 and I just got up. Now I have a whole night ahead of me where no one is up but me. I guess that I need to find some vampires for friends. Last night was pure and simple HELL at work. I didi not get out until 10 am this morning and that was because I didn't even get to touch my charting until this mornings shift was coming on. It was all wrong from the start. I get to work early so that I can have time to write down my assignment and be prepared, but last night a nurse never showed who was supposed to show and so and so the assignments had to be redivided at the last minute, so of course everything was screwed up from there. Then of course the charge nurse talked me into taking the admission that was a pregnant 40 yr old with DMOC on an insulin drip with accuchecks Q1hour, because it would be a learning experience. Well it was a learning experience all right! I learned that I don't want to learn anymore! Of course the admission got there right away and that was the end of everything. No time to really review the patient kardex's, nothing! And the night was just down hill from there. I did not stop or really sit down all night. It was one thing after another, my dude from surgury with bilateral amputations needing pain medication all the time. then the 21 year old girl who decided to stop breathing for me. Almost had to call a code! HELL i tell you! I was so tired this morning that I could hardly stand it! Anyway, thank God it's over and I don't have to go back for two whole nights, but like i was saying before you get jipped cause they're NIGHTS off and nobody does anything at night but sleeps, so what am I supposed to do? Okay, okay, enough bitching but I had to let it out.
So now I have slept for a long time, am quite rested and ready to go. I don't know what I shall do though. I think getting some food will be one of the first things on the agenda. from there...who knows!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home