Thursday, May 26, 2005

just a few words now. I am getting ready to go to bed soon. I work tomorrow and the next 4 days after. I am not looking forward to it in the least. Though I really shouldn't complain, it isn't that bad. I will just be tired of waking up so early so many days in a row. After that I will hit the road heading for good old PA! I am excited to be going home, and of course it is my little sister's graduation which makes it especially special. Yes Emily, you are my LITTLE sister:) even if you are bigger than me now:(
I seem to have managed to waste my two days off doing nothing in particular, and not really accomplishing anything. I had all these things that I wanted to get done. I even made a list. I think that I was able to cross two things off of the list. Actually one and a half. I only partially finished the second thing. I am just terrible. I am trying to make a point to discipline myself to do things, but it doesn't seem to be working too well.
I have recently purchased a book on cd. I bought it thinking that I could listen to it on roadtrips, such as my upcoming trip to Pennsylvania. I told myself that I would not start listening until I was on the road, but yesterday I couldn't help myself, I just wanted to hear what it sounded like and then I was in big trouble. I couldn't stop listening. There is something that is amazingly soothingly hypnotizing about someone reading aloud and I am completely vulnerable to it's allure. So I spent way too much time listening to this book being read and accomplishing nothing else. I must confess that the book I chose is well...rather disturbing. Lolita. I did not realize what the book was about. And you cannot necessarily discern from the description on the back that it is about an older man who is obsessed with young girls and falls in love and lusts after this one girl, Lolita, in particular. He is really quite sick. There are occasions when I have to turn it off because it starts to get to me. But since I bought it, I must finish it. It is read by Jeremy Irons. He has a good reading voice and does a good job. I think I like this book on cd thing. Though it could never replace reading a book yourself, but it is definitely still something worthwhile. Funny too that just today I noticed an article in the New York Times about books on cd and how it is really becoming popular. Some people however think that it is cheating. As i said, it cannot replace reading a book for yourself, but those people must not have ever experienced the joy of being read to and I would bet you a whole lot that it is beneficial to the body and mind.
My eyes are burning and no longer want to stay open, so it is off to bed with me.
Oh one last thing. I cut my hair today. Well I didn't cut it drastically or anything, but I think I cut probably close to two inches off. I did it myself too. First time I have done that. Doesn't look to bad either.
Song for the Day: Enya-Orinoco Flow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home