Wednesday, April 20, 2005

the time just flies and i am about to embark on a whole new adventure. my excitement is great, but as the time draws near a small bit of dread is creeping in to my mood. this never fails to happen and is always a precurser to the unknown. i am generally happy with the changes i choose to make, but that small doubt lingers deep within, wondering...is this a mistake? I am going to a place where i know no one. And no one knows me. I have never had a problem doing that before, but it has been a while since I have been in that situation and it forces you out of your comfort zone. I guess maybe that is why i like it. Forcing myself to meet new people, do new things. Well in anycase, I leave for north carolina in a matter of days. 9 to be exact. I wonder what new twist to life awaits me there. A new beginning at least.

Song of the Day: Tom Waits-Invitation to the Blues

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at it this way mon cheri...you can always go somewhere else if you choose, a place where you do know people or maybe there is a certain person who would join you...at any rate, if you don't like it you can always change it. Personally, I think a traveling companion would ease the anxiety (<~~wink, wink)

9:34 AM  
Blogger Jena said...

go for it! nothing's a mistake. I can completely see you doing the whole traveling nurse thing -- I think you'd really enjoy it :)

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) i know the feeling. i've moved so much, but can never get over the feeling of dread and anxiety that comes with uprooting whatever tentative roots i've planted and moving again. :) no worries though. there are plenty of people who know you and care and are just a phone call or short road trip away.

11:09 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

Thanks guys, your awesome and it is such a comfort to know that i do have great friends who i can depend on.

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home