Saturday, May 07, 2005

Adaptation

So the days go by. I am enjoying myself, but I don't quite know what to do with myself all alone here. There is SO much to do, but I have always been one to enjoy something more if I have someone else with me to talk to, etc. Oh well. I looked at a VW Jetta today. 2004 silver, 5 speed. It is a very nice car. They were so nice to me at the dealership, and they even let me bring it home for the weekend to drive it around. Well actually until Wednesday night they gave it to me. I was so amazed. So i left the crappy little Kia Rio that the rental company had given me and instead I am zoom zooming around in a cute little Jetta. It is splendid. I think that I will probably buy it. I need to have a good car. Then depending on if Emily comes down here to live with me, she can use my old car. That will work out just fine. I am definitely excited and it is a really good deal too.
So today I went and got a library card at the local library. That is always one of the first things I do when I move to any new city. It is an okay library. They don't appear to have CD's and it isn't super huge, but thats okay. I checked two books out despite the fact that I already have books that I am in the process of reading and need to finish first. I can't resist when I see all these books I want to read.
Of course I also found out where the local Barnes and Noble is. I already went and made use of them by purchasing a couple new CD's. Man I am terrible. They are good Cd's though and I got good prices on them.
Today the weather is warmer. It actually was supposed to get up to 80 today. I am not sure if it hit that or not. It was quite nice though.
One more day off then it is back to the grindstone. At least it will only be for two days though. That I can deal with. Tomorrow is Sunday so I plan to go to church. There is an OPC church here in Raleigh. I went last Sunday evening and the people were super nice. I even knew the pastor and his wife from way back when I was a little kid. Pretty crazy how small the world is sometimes. I am going to try to start going to church regularly. I think that is something I need to do.
So...other than that, i miss my people in San Antonio, and of course all the rest of you as always. I want to get a bicycle so that I can start biking around on my days off. That will be my next thing. Now to do something useful with my time off before it is gone.

Song of the Day: David Wilcox- Rusty Old American Dream


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah: glad you are settling in. I think living alone will be a great thing for you. your people in SA miss you too darlin'.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Jena said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:08 PM  
Blogger Jena said...

eh? Oops. Sorry. Wanted to edit not delete, but I guess I can't do that.

So, I was saying, I know what you mean by not knowing what to do when there's so much to do and see... Sort of feeling like that myself here in Seoul. This place is SO big and SO much going on, but I still wish there was a friend here I could roam the city with. It would make things so much more fun.

Well, I'm glad you are settling into your new place. Give it a little time, and probably you'll find lots of kinder'd hearts around you :)

So you gonna buy the car?

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home