Tuesday, May 17, 2005


My new baby! Posted by Hello

So this is my newest investment. The picture does not even do her justice, but it will serve to give you all an idea of what she looks like. It is a joy to drive her around and I can't help but get a smile on my face whenever I walk out the door and see her there. I even get happy when it is time for me to go to work because I know that I will get to drive her. Pretty crazy eh. Yes indeed it is. So everyone, let me know what you think of my precious. I can't wait to show people in person just how peppy she can be. Anyway, other than that nothing of to much importance has happened lately. I will be flying down to Mobile, Alabama this weekend to meet Danielle and her mom who are driving my old car there from San Antonio. Very kind of them indeed to go out of their way to bring it halfway here from Texas. Now Emily will have a car to drive when she comes here to live with me this summer.
Yesterday I went to the nearby park around a nearby lake which has some wonderful paths on which to bike or run, or just plain walk. And I was just plain walking because I wasn't in the clothing nor the mood to run. It was evening when I got there and I was talking to pfeif on the phone and filling her in on things here. I sat for a while by the lake...so placid and serene. After some time i realized that it was beginning to get dark and that I should probably head back to the car. As I had never been to the park before I did not know the pathways and so was just going by deductive reasoning that the pathway made a loop around the lake and came back to the parking lot where I had left my car. So I decided rather than go back the way I had come I would walk the rest of the way around the path. Well it was getting darker and darker, the woods were thick, there were fewer and fewer people to be seen. I couldn't keep the thought from popping in to my head again and again, no matter how hard I tried to keep it out that I was going to be stuck in a strange woods, prime stalking grounds for some local or even foreign evil doer to take this opportunity to execute some crime. "Oh dear, i thought." "Stop thinking such ridiculous things!" Well thankfully I was still on the phone with pfeiffer who i was keeping informed of the situation and who so graciously stayed with me on the phone until quite some time later, after much walking, a small amount of running and a great deal of worrying I did finally arrive back at the parking lot where I had started. The pathway did in fact loop back, but it had just turned out to be a longer walk than I realized. yikes! what a fright. Next time I will know better than to stay so late on a strange path.
I continue reading as usual. I have recently finished Eleven Minutes by Paulo Coelho and I am currently reading Nectar in a Sieve by Kamala Markandaya recommended and lent to me by my friend Danielle. I am also reading In Dubious Battle by John Steinbeck. The most recent movies I watched were: Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events which I very much enjoyed. Also watched The Silence of the Lambs. Decided to watch that again after getting interested while seeing part of it in prison no less, with a roomful of five prisoners whom I have no idea what their crimes are. Somewhat creepy, but it gave me the desire to see the movie again, so i rented it. Then I watched Mommie Dearest. The story of Joan Crawford and her adopted children. It is based on a book by her adopted daughter. Quite interesting. I would actually like to read the book. Other than that, nothing new going on. It is back to work tomorrow for me. Can't believe my two days off are already over. Ugh!

Song of the Day: Tom Petty- It's Good to be King

3 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

just like you little pfeiffer! always trying to tell me what to do when you know perfectly well that it is you who look to me for all your perfect examples of how to live ones life. heh heh heh. you know my driving is not going to change. I always drive like a maniac, speed AND disobey the traffic laws. How much more reason too than with such a sporty car! :D

6:03 PM  
Blogger Jena said...

wooo hoo!
congratz.
:) :)

9:35 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Whoa!! Pretty nice lookin there Sar! I like the rims.
You just always have to have a nighttime experience in a strange and creepy place no matter where you go, don't you? ;-P

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home